BioC 2020: Where Software and Biology Connect
When: July 27 - 31, 2020
What: Community/Developer Day, Main Conference
Where: Virtual Conference
Slack: Bioconductor Team (
Small awards up to $500 per family are available to Bioconductor attendees
who will be incurring additional expenses for childcare or other caregiving responsibilities
(such as elder care) during the meeting. Fill the Caregiver Award Submission Form to apply.
- Additional child care expenses, including overtime at childcare center, virtual childcare, etc.
- Additional care expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was
attending the meeting (e.g., cost of a sitter or nurse)
Receipts will be required for reimbursement
- Regular childcare expenses
Selection of awards
- If the number of requests for grants exceeds the funding, preference will be given to
applicants in earlier career stages.
Changes in circumstances
- If the need changes between the time of application and the date of the meeting, please notify
Bioconductor to explain. You will be notified if your need is still eligible for funding.
- July 16, 2020: Caregiver Award Submission deadline.
- July 20, 2020: Notification of decision.