BioC 2020: Where Software and Biology Connect
When: July 29 - 31, 2020
What: Community/Developer Day, Main Conference
Where: Simmons University and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Slack: Bioconductor Team (
Small awards up to $500 per family are available to Bioconductor attendees
who are either bringing young children to the meeting or who will be
incurring additional expenses for childcare or other caregiving responsibilities
(such as elder care) during the meeting. Fill the Caregiver Award Submission Form to apply.
- Child care expenses in Boston
- Additional care expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was
attending the meeting (such as overtime at childcare center, cost of a sitter or nurse ec)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver and/or dependent
Receipts will be required to reimbursement
- Regular care expenses, such as regular childcare
- Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting
- Tickets to local attractions
Selection of awards
- If the number of requests for grants exceeds the funding, preference will be given to
applicants in earlier career stages.
Changes in circumstances
- If the need changes between the time of application and the date of the meeting, please notify
Bioconductor to explain. You will be notified if your need is still eligible for funding.
Key dates for scholarships:
- Thursday March 15, 2020: Caregiver Award Submission opens.
- Thursday May 17, 2020: Caregiver Award Submission deadline.
- Thursday May 31, 2020: Notification of acceptance.